Friday, April 17, 2009

Money doesn't grow on trees!

I guess, like most people, I wish money grew on trees. The state of the economy has made me ponder a lot about my finances, budgeting, and saving for the future. 
My Mom was a savvy shopper and I guess I inherited that trait from her. I can't see myself spending $100 on one pair of shoes because, well, I know that I can find that pair somewhere else for much cheaper, or I can find a near match for a lot less. I've actually considered making my blog a kind of "get the LOOK for less"site. I love the thrill of finding "Stuff" much cheaper than full price.  So, I included a link on my website for BigCrumbs.com, I know some people don't like to buy used stuff, but I do and I love to find hard to get items on Ebay. BigCrumbs pays me back on my ebay purchases, the only site I know of that gives cash back for Ebay---as well as almost every major stores' website you can think of, even travel.
Ok, I know I'm promoting their website, but I am also the person that gets asked how much something I wear/have costs, and have surprised looks from people when I tell them what I paid or where I bought it. I don't think that frugality is bad, yet I don't think that style should be sacrificed just to be frugal.  We can all have nice "stuff," without the huge price tag!
I know that money or lack thereof can be a source of contention/stress for everyone and I just want to maybe lighten it and share that there are ways to "spend" and stay in a budget. 
I am going to try to post more saving tips as I find them.
Have a wonderful day & know that the Lord loves you, He knows your trials & will help you!

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

You do always look great. I meant to tell you so on Sunday!

And the irony of "money growing on trees" is that money is made of paper, which is made from trees. Hummm.